We may wonder How does P6 calculates and displays summary information for costs, quantities, user defined fields, dates, durations, float, progress…
I will explain it in this article.
These calculations and display summaries are based on the currently visible activities. Activities removed from the layout by filters are not included in the calculations and summaries.
Costs and quantities:
P6 totals cost and quantity data items, such as budgeted cost and budgeted quantity, by adding the values for each activity in the summary.
If you display early dates, P6 shows the earliest early (or actual) start and the latest early (or actual) finish dates. The same rules apply for late dates and baseline early and late dates. Continue reading “How does Primavera P6 summarize data in the Summary / Grouping Band”
When connect SQL database in Primavera P6 Professional, we usually have problem like:
- Error Message: Bad public user Name or password. SQL Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
- Error message: Bad public user name or password. SQL Server Error: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Invalid Instance()).] Invalid connection.;”
- Error Message: Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: Login failed for user ‘pubuser’.
Below are some Reason and Solution:
Incorrect hostname, instance or database name
Bad public user Name or password. SQL Server Error: [DBNETLIB [ConnectionOpen(Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.;
The default configuration entries for a standalone installation are localhost\primavera for the server host name and PMDB$primavera for the database name.
Click back to the Database Configuration and correct the database name or hostname or instance.
Continue reading “Primavera P6 Professional : “Unable to connect to the database” error”
We create a Stacked Histogram like below picture:
We need to Print the diagram with the Legend but there is no option to show the Legend:
In other diagram (not stacked diagram) we can easily see the option to show Legend: Continue reading “How to Print the Legend for Stacked Histogram in Resource Usage Profile in Primavera P6”
Primavera P6 Version History
When create a schedule, we can based on Resource Productivity to estimate duration.
- We have a team which can cast 10 m3 of concrete per day (This is Productivity)
- We have an Foundation which take 100 m3 concrete.
- Duration of Foundation activity will be 100 / 10 = 10 days
Now we will do it in Primavera.
Supposed that we have a schedule like below picture:
First we need to change Duration type of all activity to “Fixed Units/Time” Continue reading “How to define Resource Productivity in Primavera P6 and create schedule”