When using Primavera P6 with Microsoft SQL Server database, we can have problem like this:
- Loading Data hangs at 98%.
- Performance issues in SQL Server.
- Opening projects is slow.
- PM.exe not responding after entering username and password.
- Project Management window disappears after loading data.
- Cannot login to PM, no error.
Here is the solution to solve above problem:
Login to SQL Management Studio:
Right click on your database and select New Query:
Run the following queries to re-gather stats for the ‘PROJECT’ and ‘TASK’ table:
update statistics project with fullscan ,all update statistics task with fullscan ,all
Press F5 to run it.
Re-gather stats for all Primavera tables by running the following stored procedure:
Press F5 to run it
Now your Primavera P6 application should run faster 🙂